Sunday, October 31, 2010

Reflection on another completed course

This will be my last post on my current class Integrating Technology Across the Content Areas. Throughout this course I learned more than I thought I would. I love to use technology in my classes so this course helped me out a lot with ideas for my classes.
The biggest lesson I learned in this course was about how to use a GAME plan. I have covered the GAME plan method a ton in my previous blogs so I won't cover those details again. I have learned that the GAME plan can be a great tool for teaching new technologies. In my classes I use lots of new technologies like Google Earth and Sketchup.
On that note Google Sketchup is a new technology that I barely knew before this class. Now I know how to use this technology and how to use it in my classroom thanks to my GAME Plan and my fellow students' ideas. This week actually I am starting a unit with one of my classes using Google Sketchup. Then I have a test on their Sketchup skills where I have designed a 3D canyon that my students will then have to design a bridge across. The spatial reasoning, math, and critical thinking skills that Sketchup teaches are invaluable to my students and my classes.
Another technology that I have learned to use in my classes is this one I am using now: Blogs. Before this class I had only used blogs a little bit and had not used them in my classes. After having to blog every week and developing a learning community using blogs I now realize that this tech is a great tool for digital citizenship and literacy. Blogs can be used in more ways than I realized before so now I want to use them in my classes. I have not decided how I will use blogs yet but now and in the future I will be able to find the right place to use them.
In all, I am very happy with all that I learned in this course. I love that I learned new technologies and how to use them in my classes. I also learned how to better teach new technologies using the GAME plan. So when I have to teach new techs to my students that can more easily learn them and have a greatly depth of knowledge. This was a great class that will help both me and my classes.

Luke

No comments:

Post a Comment